Thursday, January 24, 2013

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

I know what you are thinking, who needs a recipe for a hamburger?!  Am I right?  I know, I get it.  I am generally not one to pull out a recipe for a hamburger.  Just like everyone else, I pull the meat out of the fridge, form some patties, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and top them with a slice of cheese...good to go.  And as delicious as a plain old hamburger is in it's own right, these little babies are a good way to go as well.  With only slightly more work involved than the old regular burger, you can instead, have this tasty version, stuffed with a creamy cheddar and cream cheese mixture.  And thanks to the rosemary and sage, there are little pops of unexpected flavor throughout.  So if you are tired of the same-old, same-old, go ahead and give these a try!

Herb & Cheese Stuffed Burgers

1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoon cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoon dried parsley
3 teaspoon Dijon mustard, divided
2 green onions, thinly sliced
3 Tablespoon dry bread crumbs
2 Tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves (I used rubbed sage and it worked great)
1 pound lean ground beef
4 hard rolls, split (I used hamburger buns, and though they worked good, I will try hard rolls next time)
Lettuce leaves, tomato slices optional

In a small bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard.  Set aside.
In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard.  Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.  Shape into eight thin patties.  Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of four patties and top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear.  Serve burgers on rolls or buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired.

Recipe Source:  Very slightly adapted from Taste of Home

I shared this recipe at these great blogs:

Sweet Bella Roos
Taste and Tell
The Country Cook
Foodie Friends Friday
Tidy Mom
The Best Blog Recipes
Whipperberry
Tater Tots & Jello
What's Cooking With Ruthie
Or So She Says
I Heart Nap Time
Addicted To Recipes
Jam Hands
Skip to My Lou
Pint Sized Baker
Inside BruCrew Life
Reasons to Skip the Housework
Lil' Luna

11 comments:

  1. Yum, I need to make myself one of these! I love Anything stuffed with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! If you do try them, I would love if you would come back here and let me know how you liked them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love burgers. Then you went and stuffed them with herbs and cheese? OMG YES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love burgers too! And ANYTHING stuffed with cheese is my kind of thing too! Thanks for stopping by here! I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful photo and a delicious recipe too! Thank you for sharing at my Super Saturday Show & Tell :) I hope you'll come again next week! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for inviting me to share at Show & Tell! I will definitely be back next week!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by and for inviting me to your link party! I linked up and I love your blog! I am so glad that you commented here, so that I was able to find it. I am now following you through email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so delicious! Going to try them for sure :) Thanks for sharing at my weekend link party!

    Shauna {The Best Blog Recipes}
    http://thebestblogrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing with us at Foodie Friends Friday
    Dawn
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! Something I'm definitely going to have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stuffed burgers and these look delicious! Pinning this to my burger board on Pinterest :)

    If you don't mind I wanted to invite you to come link up at Recipe Sharing Monday and share your favorite recipes. Have a super week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...